Wander and Ponder on Friday, April 14, 2017

This week has brought me many memories: from learning some of the basics about Kosher cooking and how to make the perfect matzo ball, to being a youngster and the thrill of receiving the pastel-laden colored (mostly pink) Easter baskets waiting on the dining room table on many early Easter mornings. 

This morning of Good Friday got me to thinking about Easter bonnets, white patent leather shoes, and white gloves. It was the outfit many of us wore to church on Easter Sundays. 

It's time to bring out the Easter bonnets. 


Carrot cake is one of my favorite desserts, especially when it is home made. My grandmother had one of the best recipes, as it called for crushed pineapple. I get very excited about a carrot cake when I see little miniature orange "carrots" made from extra frosting adorning the top of the cake. It just means extra frosting! 


The internet was out for about six hours the other day. It turns out road construction inadvertently cut a fiber-optic cable in a nearby community. The internet is something that many of us take for granted. It certainly cut my day short. It was my day to send a few invoices, to pay a few invoices, do my banking, as well as some research. I use the internet for many things from playing music and downloading and streaming my favorite television programs.  And speaking of internet... 

Pinterest. Follow me there. You will find I have many recipe boards,  and also designs, decor, vintage, favorite faces, and some boards with no reason at all other than "I just liked the photos."  


Have a wonderful Passover and Easter holiday weekend. 


Comments

https://www.womaninwinecountry.com/2022/01/pantry-pull-1-1-1-peanut-butter-cookies.html