Wander and Ponder on Friday: A Rehash from 2017

In February 2017, I started a semi-monthly blog post titled, Wander and Ponder on Friday  This was an attempt to let my readers know where my mind is wandering and what my brain is pondering. It was a combination of my daily activities, recipes, thoughts on the world, and anything else that popped into my brain. Now, I continued this through 2017, and then I stopped. I have no clue why I stopped. Why do I do anything? 

On an airplane coming back from a variety of reunions, sightseeing, good food and drink a few months ago, "out of the blue" (like that comparison, blue, blue sky, window seat, plane...) I remembered the Wander and Ponder blog posts and told myself maybe I should give it a restart... So here's what's been happening this week in my brain. 

So, where did September go? For that matter, where did August go? With the many months of lockdown due to COVID my traveling, especially not being able to fly, took a hit. Finally, one evening flying into Oakland, CA to see the beautiful pink and lavender sunset and later one morning flying out of Oakland to watch the sunrise with a yellow and tangerine backdrop helped me get my "travel genes" back in check. 

It's soup weather and I am barely dipping my ladle into the kettle, but I have some recipes to try. The colder it gets, the more I will think about making soup. For now, I am hooked on cilantro rice topped with black beans, corn, shredded lettuce, organic blue corn tortillas, and fresh salsa. 

My mind is wandering about a suitcase I need to repack as I take another flight in 12 more days. I love my new suitcase. Last winter when I decided it was time to travel, I looked into an extra suitcase and instead of looking at the "sea of black" that rotates around and around at baggage claim, I decided to stand out a bit. 

Will I be able to multi-task a vacation and attend my own gathering I am co-hosting? I think I can... I think I can... If my flight back home is canceled there is always my broom. 


Before we know it, we will be entering into the month of November. Things will be quiet, and I will batten down the hatches in my home and start winding down for the winter months ahead. Cinderella may have been anxious to return to her carriage before it turned into a pumpkin, but I am happy if my throne turns into a comfy velvet pumpkin.  







Comments

Popular Posts